Emergency & Evacuation
This policy outlines what to do in the unlikely event of an evacuation such as fire, gas leak or unsafe building.
- Maintain control and do not panic.
- Rescue any person in immediate danger.
- Isolate the fire as much as possible by closing doors.
- Raise the alarm by calling 000.
- Control the fire and attempt to put it out using fire blankets (if it is a small fire) or the correct extinguisher.
- Check all areas to ensure everyone is evacuating.
- Evacuate the centre and meet at the Evacuation Point.
- Contact the President or Secretary as soon as possible to report the incident. You can find their contact details in the sign in book.
Evacuation meeting points
Fire at the front of the building: the designated meeting point is outside the back gate in the laneway behind the centre.
Fire at the back of the building: the designated meeting point is outside the front gate on the footpath in front of the centre.