Occupational Health and Safety
We have a moral and legal responsibility to provide a safe and healthy environment for our members, volunteers, contractors and visitors to our centre. In order to provide this safe and healthy environment for everyone to enjoy, we ask all members to know and abide by our policies and procedures and know how to avoid accidents and play safely as a collective and individually.
We are committed to:
- Undertaking risk management activities to adequately assess and manage risks to members in the centre.
- Comply with all relevant legislation standards, and other requirements to which the organisation subscribes.
- Ensure all toys, equipment and facilities are safe and without risk to health when used in accordance with standard operating procedures.
- Provide a system to adequately manage emergency response and ensure this system is prominently displayed at the centre.
- Provide appropriate OH&S training to all members if required.
- Consult with all members to enhance the effectiveness of this OHS policy.
- Provide adequate resources to facilitate the fulfilment of our OHS responsibilities.
- Regularly review and evaluate OHS management systems, including audits and inspections of the playgroup premises.
- Establish measurable objectives and targets to ensure continued improvement aimed at elimination of playgroup-related injury and illness.
If required by State Legislation, we will establish and maintain and OHS committee.
Report an accident or incident.