Elwood playgroup is run by a volunteer committee made up of ECP parents. We meet throughout the year to review budgets, memberships, discuss events, issues and generally how we can improve our playgroup.
Our meetings are pretty relaxed and social. We’re always looking for new volunteers and value the input of our members. If you are interested in joining the committee please contact our President.
Volunteering Within Your Group
- Each group must have a Group Rep.
- Two group members should attend the AGM and each General Meeting.
- Two group members should help at Playgroup events and working bee.
The Group Rep is the main point of contact for any queries group members have, as well as welcoming new members joining the group.
The role involves:
- Welcoming new members – introducing them to the rest of the group, showing them our facilities, how to sign-in and the alarm system
- Communicating – passing on information from the committee, reminding members of events
- Organising – members to volunteer for different things throughout the year
- Being the main contact point – for your group members, passing on any queries members may have to the committee
- Reminding members – to sign-in and to help lock and clean up after the playgroup session
We recommend you stay in the role for a year, after that, hand the role on to another member in your group. Thank you to all those who have volunteered to be a Group Rep – you are doing a fabulous job making our centre an enjoyable place to be.