Elwood playgroup is run by a volunteer committee made up of ECP parents. We meet throughout the year to review budgets, memberships, discuss events, issues and generally how we can improve our playgroup.
Our meetings are pretty relaxed and social. We’re always looking for new volunteers and value the input of our members. So, if you are interested in joining the committee please contact our president. For committee role descriptions click here.
Vacant Committee Positions
We are currently looking for volunteers to fill the following positions:
- Website and Communications Liaison
- Kitchen Purchasing
If either of these roles are of interest to you and you would like to volunteer with us, please contact our president for more details.
Volunteering Within Your Group
- Each group must have a Group Rep.
- Two group members must attend the AGM and each General Meeting.
- Two group members must help at Playgroup events and working bee.
- Two group members must be nominated to act as a Fire Warden and Fire Warden Assistant in case of an emergency / evacuation.
The Group Rep is the main point of contact for any queries group members have, as well as welcoming new members joining the group.
The role involves:
- Welcoming new members – introducing them to the rest of the group, showing them our facilities, the sign in book, alarm system and talking them through our voluntary work and policies and procedures etc.
- Collecting fees – from new members and fees for membership renewals in December / January.
- Communicating – passing on information from the committee, reminding members of events.
- Organising – different members to volunteer for different things throughout the year.
- Being the main contact point – for your group members. Passing on any queries members may have to the committee.
- Maintaining member information.
- Reminding members – to sign-in and to help lock and clean up after the playgroup session
We recommend you stay in the role for a year, after that, hand the role on to another member in your group. Thank you to all those who have volunteered to be a Group Rep – you are doing a fabulous job making our centre an enjoyable place to be.
Current Committee Members
President – Ivana
Memberships Coordinator – Nicola
Secretary – Lianne (Acting)
Treasurer – Luke
Purchasing Coordinator – Benedeta
Orientations & MCHN Visit Coordinator – Heather
New Groups – Natalie
Back Room Coordinator – Lianne
Inclusion Officer – Joss
Events Coordinators – Steph and Katherine
Weekend Bookings – Heather
Website & Communications – Vacant
Kitchen Purchasing – Vacant
Maintenance Coordinator – Gerry
Grants – Alex